KS2 Teacher - Year 6
KS2 Teacher – Year 6 (September 2017 Start)
Salary: MPS/UPS (Competitive salary)
Closing date: 8th March 2017
Interview date: March 2017, date TBC
Trust, Discipline and Aspiration
Thomas Deacon Academy was one of the first Academies to be created and continues to thrive through our core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration. As we enter the exciting new phase of our future. We continue to offer an aspirational learning environment for students from the ages of 7 to 18 years old. Our modern facilities, TDA Junior, Sixth Form Study Centre and 43 acre campus allow us to provide the ultimate in educational choice.
Most recently, in July 2015, Ofsted graded the Academy as ‘Good’ in all areas and we are moving forward in our continued journey towards ‘Outstanding’.
Do you consider yourself to be a talented and inspirational teacher? Do you have the drive and passion to help turn our vision into reality? If the answer is yes, we are seeking a KS2 Class Teacher to join us in our continuing venture with the opportunity to teach our first cohort of Year 6 pupils.
The successful candidate will need to be able to put the learning of our pupils at the forefront of everyday life with clear focus on every child being able to progress, develop and succeed. You will have the desire and ability to develop a creative learning environment, maintaining a strong attention to literacy, numeracy and communication skills but also looking to develop the talents of all children.
- Be a passionate, dynamic educator with experience teaching year 6 (desirable as this will be our introductory year for year 6 pupils, although not essential for the right candidate)
- Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed
- Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people
- Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people
- Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy
What we can offer you:
- Fantastic and well behaved children who are excited about learning
- A new school
- Excellent facilities for learning and TDA Junior, including its own sports hall, science and DT areas, studio space, 12 classrooms and outstanding ICT provision
- Use of the facilities, resources and subject expertise at the Thomas Deacon Academy to support and extend the curriculum
- Opportunity to play a role in the development of the Junior College over the coming years
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
The Junior College is part of the wider Thomas Deacon Academy and is on the same site as the Thomas Deacon Academy in the heart of Peterborough. The school started with a cohort of 90 Year 3 children in September 2014 and will grow to 360 pupils, in four year groups by September 2017.
The City of Peterborough
Living in Peterborough offers the perfect mix of heritage, countryside walks, shopping, entertainment and dining out, all being easily accessible. Peterborough is well connected by road with direct links to the A1 for travelling North to South and the A47 for travelling East to West. Rail travel is equally as convenient with the East Coast Line direct to London in 50 minutes and a direct connection to Stansted Airport in 80 minutes.
Further information, news and events and 360° tour of our outstanding building, can be viewed on our website: www.thomasdeaconacademy.com
For more information regarding this post or to arrange a school visit, please contact the HR Team on 01733 426063 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an electronic application pack.
Thomas Deacon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.