Casual After School Club Assistant - Thomas Deacon Academy Juniors
- Hours: Casual – hours will be offered on an as-needed basis to cover sickness/leave. The successful candidate could potentially be offered up to 11.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday (3.00pm to 3.15pm). The After School Club is open 44 weeks per year (term time only)
- Salary: £7.50 per hour
- Closing date: 4th July 2017
- Interviews: W/C 10th July 2017
We are seeking an After School Club Assistant to join us from September 2017 as Thomas Deacon Academy Junior continues to grow.
The successful candidate would have the ability to supervise children during the after school period. They would be able to manage the behaviour of pupils attending the Club, organise activities and be responsible to checking attendance.
They would be a responsible and reliable individual who is able to communicate with children, Academy staff and parents to a high standard. They would have experience of working both individually and as part of a team, and have a commitment to safeguarding children. First aid training would be an advantage.
At present we are recruiting for someone to work on a casual basis to cover periods of sickness or other leave as needed. From September 2017 the Juniors will be at full capacity with the new intake of year six pupils – at this time we are unable to foresee how many of our new pupils will use the After School Club, however we expect attendance to increase, at which point more regular hours may be offered.
In return we can offer –
- Fantastic KS2 children from our local infant schools
- A growing school – from September we will be at full capacity
- Excellent facilities for learning, including its own sports hall, science and DT areas, studio space, 12 classrooms and outstanding ICT provision
- Use of the facilities and resources at the Thomas Deacon Academy
- Opportunity to play a role in the development of the Thomas Deacon Academy Junior over the coming years
We are part of the wider Thomas Deacon Academy and are located on the same site in the heart of Peterborough. The school started in September 2014 with a cohort of 90 Year 3 children, growing to 360 pupils, in four year groups (Year 3 to Year 6) by September 2017.
Thomas Deacon Academy is founded on the principle that all learners are valued and all deserve to succeed. Learning is our core purpose and we have high aspirations for the young people in our care. Literacy and communication skills will feature strongly in an innovative, rich curriculum along with a focus on Science and Mathematics, allowing children to develop the skills, confidence and resilience that they need to become highly successful learners. We will provide a primary curriculum that will engage and innovate, with a strong emphasis on high standards and good behaviour. We want all of our children to become confident, well rounded individuals who can excel in the next stage of their education.
Please contact the HR Team on 01733 462063 or email@example.com for further information.
Thomas Deacon Academy is committed to safeguarding