Teacher of History - September 2017 Start
Contract: Full Time/Permanent
Salary: MPS/UPS (competitive salary)
Closing Date: Monday 3 April 2017
Interview Dates: 6 and 7 April 2017
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Teacher of History to join a forward-thinking and supportive team. Candidates should be able to demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for their subject, the ability to deliver consistently stimulating lessons to a highly-motivated student cohort, and be committed to maximising achievement. The achievement of pupils in History is already strong: more pupils achieve A* in History than in any other GCSE, progress is in line with national averages and results show value-added at A level is positive. History is a highly popular option subject in Key Stage 4 where students currently follow the Edexcel SHP syllabus and at Key Stage 5 where both early modern and modern units are taught.
We would be particularly pleased to hear from candidates with the ability to teach the subject at A Level.
- Be a passionate, dynamic teacher of History
- Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed
- Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people
- Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people
- Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy
What we can offer you:
- Excellent working facilities in a modern and inspirational environment
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated and committed team of professionals
- Excellent salary package
- Outstanding professional development and a high quality induction programme
- Fantastic training/development/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment
- Opportunity for of progression across Thomas Deacon Academy Education Trust
- Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking)
- Enthusiastic and supportive SLT
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
The City of Peterborough
Living in Peterborough offers the perfect mix of heritage, countryside walks, shopping, entertainment and dining out, all being easily accessible. Peterborough is well connected by road with direct links to the A1 for travelling North to South and the A47 for travelling East to West. Rail travel is equally as convenient with the East Coast Line direct to London in 50 mins and a direct connection to Stansted Airport in 80 mins.
Further information, news and events and 360° tour of our outstanding building, can be viewed on our website: www.thomasdeaconacademy.com
To apply please complete the Teacher Application Form on the Vacancies page of our website. If you have any questions regarding this post or would like to visit the Academy please contact the HR Team on 01733 426063 or e-mail email@example.com.
Thomas Deacon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.