Free School Meal Entitlement
We understand that the times we are currently living in are both uncertain and challenging. Alongside this many families are facing changes in their financial circumstances. If your circumstances have changed, and you believe that you now meet one of the following criteria, please follow this link to the Norfolk County Council site (our service provider): https://fiso.norfolk.gov.uk/synergy/ParentHome.aspx for an online application or complete the application form below and return by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post to: Free School Meals, Norfolk County Council, Floor 8, County Hall, Norwich, NR1 2DL:
· Income Support.
· Income Based Job Seekers Allowance.
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
· Child Tax Credit - but no element of Working Tax Credit - and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)) that does not exceed £16,190.
· If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
· Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
· Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week.
· Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (as from 1 April 2018).
If you have previously applied or been eligible for free school meals, you need not re-apply, as we will continue to re-check your entitlement each month and will notify you should you become re-eligible.
Parents of children who are eligible for Free School Meals will receive an email from email@example.com. (If we do not have an email address for you, you will receive a text message with the e voucher detail.) Please follow the detail in the message and register for a 5 day e voucher.
Free School Meals E Voucher System:
Once you have selected your supermarket of choice, the next stage will be that you will receive the voucher to spend in store. Please note that this can take up to a further 24 hours to receive the voucher after you have selected the supermarket, however we understand there is a delay in some supermarkets issuing their vouchers, meaning that they are taking a number of days to fulfil the request. We are working with the supermarkets and Wonde to reduce the time taken for the voucher to arrive but please bear with us as we follow up directly. Once the voucher arrives, it will cover the full 5 day period to Friday and will not be a daily allowance. Please could we ask for your patience in the meantime.
Free School Meals Scam!
There is currently an email circulating claiming to be from the Department of Education or catering providers asking parents for their bank details to allow them access to Free School Meal vouchers.
If you receive one, please do not reply to it or give out any bank details.