Multi-Media Resource Centre
The MRC can be found in the centre of the Academy and is at the heart of learning.
Please view our video.
As the centre of research and literacy, the MRC aspires to be a dynamic learning environment, where students are supported in becoming self-motivated, skilled learners.
The MRC makes people aware of the resources available to them, and through support and training it makes access to these resources easier. The centre’s creation of an integrated, varied range of information further increases access. The MRC maintains information across all formats and provides effective storage and access systems year on year. The Centre’s physical and virtual spaces respond to the changing habits of its users to enrich the learning experience and increases the ways in which people can pursue inquiry.
The mission of the Multi-media Research Centre (MRC) is to provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the teaching and learning needs of the Academy community.
To fulfil its mission, the MRC commits to:
- Understanding the research, teaching and learning needs of its users.
- Building a resource base and creating tools to support research, teaching and learning.
- Promoting information literacy.
- Developing, encouraging and sustaining expertise, skill, commitment and an
innovative spirit in its staff.
To achieve that mission the priority activities are to:
- Introduce new students to the resources and basic research computer skills: orientation to MRC lay-out and loan systems.
- Promote Literacy and an enthusiasm for reading.
- Promote IL (Information Literacy).
- Promote life-long learning.
- Reinforce and expand upon skills, strategies and concepts of research within all disciplines.
- Run research skills sessions specific to subjects in each College.
- Promote advanced research skills for 16+ students.
- Provide bespoke resources for Colleges and departments on request.
- Support students engaged in research/study tasks in the area.
Author Visit: Malcolm Rose in October 2009